Monday 10 January 2011

It’s not just a crime, it’s a Lime Crime

Here it is people, the Lime Crime review. I was so excited to use these lipsticks and see if the colours could possibly be so vivid. I had the perfect opportunity this weekend on a quirky Barbara Cartland-themed shoot. I used the following two craaaazy colours (just loving the names too):

             
Lime Crime in "No she didn't" and "Countessa"

The texture of these lipsticks is quite waxy, which means they feel lovely on the lips. The colour is exactly like the images and really OTT, which I love. I found I had to apply them quite carefully with my lip brush in a patting motion as side-to-side painting caused the colour to separate a bit. After a little getting used to I had no trouble removing and re-applying at speed. I also mixed them together for the final look and achieved an amazing lilac that was unusual and quite lovely. The finish of these lipsticks is quite plastic (in a good way) and you can mattify them if you blot and powder the lips with a translucent face powder.

Before applying the lipsticks I lined the lips with Illamasqua pencils in Manic and Debonair.

Lime Crime was created by Doe Deere to satisfy her obsession for uber-bright makeup. The brand is animal loving all the way so I’m thrilled to have discovered it. Their range of cosmic eye-shadows and lipsticks is guaranteed to satisfy your inner cyber-punk and give you visions of fluorescent bunnies hopping through electric-green fields. Do visit their funky website: http://www.limecrimemakeup.com/

Lime Crime is available in the UK at SPACE.NK.apothecary: www.spacenk.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment