Wednesday 5 January 2011

100% Pure (not 99.9% or 99.8%...)

When I started reading about 100% Pure, my first thoughts were: 'this is too good to be true' and 'I have to buy some of this stuff NOW'. These products are made from 100% fruits and vegetables. There is nothing, not a single thing in these products that is synthetic. Therefore, not only is nothing in these products tested on animals, but there is absolutely no need to test the ingredients as they are completely natural. Imagine: skincare and makeup made from salad! This seems to me to be the ultimate ethical approach. Also, considering that up to 60% of whatever you put on your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream, applying synthetic and chemical products for the purposes of beauty seems somewhat contradictory.

I bought three products to start off with: Jasmine Green Tea Tonique, Coffee Cherry Caffeine Face Cream and Fruit Pigmented Brightening Concealer with SPF20.

Jasmine Green Tea Tonique

I cannot recommend this product enough. I use it every morning and it immediately brightens and hydrates my skin. Using a toner is the best way to hydrate, and this is by far the most effective toner I have used to date. The fragrance is uplifting and light which is exactly what I need on a cold, dark London morning. I also love the packaging. The simple glass bottle reminds me of old-fashioned chemists.

Ingredients:
Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Rose Hydrosol, Extracts of Organic Green Tea, Calendula Hydrosol, Licorice Root, Chamomile, Extracts of Comfrey, Cornflower, Echinacea, Horsetail, Hyssop, Japanese Honeysuckle, Jasmine Oil and Hyaluronic Acid.

Organic Coffee Cherry Caffeine Face Cream

This is another stellar product. Those of you with dry to combination skin will know how difficult it is to find a rich moisturiser that is that does not trigger your T-zone. This is a super rich moisturiser without any oily residue. When I first applied it I thought it would be difficult to spread as it is very thick, but my skin just sucked it up and immediately appeared more plump and glowing. I also find this is a great matte base for makeup. It contains loads of anti-aging ingredients as well as antioxidants - now who doesn't want that in a cosmetic product?

Ingredients:
Green Tea, White Tea, Rose Hydrosol, Rosehip Oil, Pomegranate Seed Oil, Coffee Cherry Extract, Green Coffee Powder, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Aloe Juice, Vanilla absolute, Extracts of Rosemary, Thyme, Goldenseal, Oregano, Japanese Honeysuckle, and Grapefruit Seed, Hyaluronic Acid.

Fruit Pigmented Brightening Concealer with SPF20
(Shade: Golden Peach)
This concealer de-puffs your eyes. Wow. That is because it contains green tea and green coffee, which are full of caffeine (I will be blogging later about why caffeine is a miracle ingredient). It also conceals very well. The texture is quite thick, but applies very easily with an invisible finish. I patted it on with my ring finger under and in the corners of my eyes and my early-morning dark circles were no more! Check out the fantastic ingredients in this product - it is great to see all those fruit and vegetable pigments. I am amazed with the effective coverage and excellent skin-tone match of this concealer.

Ingredients:
Organic Green Tea, Organic Rose Hydrosol, Organic Green Coffee, Organic Rice Powder, May contain all or some of the following pigments : Organic Peach, Organic Apricot, Organic Carrot, Organic Pomegranate, Organic Cocoa Bean, Organic Goji Berry and Organic Tomato, Aloe Vera, Organic Lavender, Organic Chamomile, Organic Rosehip Oil, Candelilla Wax, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), Extracts of Organic Rosemary, Organic Oregano, Organic Thyme, Organic Grapefruit Seed and Organic Goldenseal
Sunscreen Active Ingredients: 15% Titanium Dioxide and 10% Zinc Oxide

Conclusion:
I am in love with 100% Pure. The company is based in California, but you can buy their products online at http://www.justbeautydirect.co.uk/. Another BIG plus is that these products are very competitively priced. I am definitely going to splash out on a lot more of these products and you will be hearing about them here in the near future.

Thank you Susie Wang for creating this amazing brand!


1 comment:

  1. i love love love love love 100% pure. i have the "it's too good to be true" feeling too when i first get to know about this brand. i went crazy and bought a lot of their products when i visit sf. i love their body scrub, their makeup, their cleanser, well. pretty much their everything. i have to go ahead and order some more now. lol.

    http://ohyeahimallergictoeverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete